Joy Milne is a nurse from Scotland who has an extraordinary sense of smell which has been causing a lot of excitement among researchers of the disease Parkinson’s. Joy says she can smell the disease on those diagnosed with Parkinson’s something which researchers think may lead to a medical breakthrough. Listen to Bio-Shape’s Technical Director Professor Perdita Barran discussing this fascinating research here.
- Bio-Shape to Present Company Profile at IBioIC Annual Conference 25-26/01/2018
- BBC ONE: The One Show: Woman who can smell Parkinson’s 21/12/2017
- BBC NEWS ONLINE: Scientists sniff out Parkinson’s disease smell 18/12/2017
- Charge mediated compaction and rearrangement of gas phase proteins: A Case Study Considering Two Proteins at Opposite Ends of the Structure Disorder Continuum
- Electron transfer with no dissociation ion mobility – mass spectrometry (ETnoD IM-MS) The effect of charge reduction on protein conformation